This website is administered by Diabetes Australia.
The National Diabetes Services Scheme (“NDSS”) is an initiative of the Australian Government administered by Diabetes Australia (“Diabetes Australia” or, as the context requires, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Material on the Website
The information and resources on this website (“Materials”) are of a general nature only and are not intended to be used as a substitute for professional health advice.
For a specific health problem, consult your doctor or contact a Diabetes Educator in your state or territory. Credentialled Diabetes Educators can be contacted on 1300 136 588.
Material may be updated or amended from time to time. While Diabetes Australia endeavors to keep the information on this website accurate and up to date, we cannot guarantee that the website contains the latest or most accurate information, products or research. Where we have included Materials provided by others, research or links to other sites, the views expressed therein are not necessarily those of Diabetes Australia.
The Internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from this website may be intercepted or altered in transit. Diabetes Australia does not warrant that the website is free from anything which may damage any computer which accesses the website or data on such computer.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
Copyright and Moral Rights
This website is maintained by Diabetes Australia. Unless otherwise indicated, we reserve all copyright in the content and design of this website. Diabetes Australia owns all such copyright or uses it under licence or applicable law.
The Material contained on this website is intended for personal use only. You may make a temporary copy of part or all of this website on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing it, and print a single hard copy of a whole page of this website for personal use, provided that any copyright notice on such page is not removed.
You may not otherwise:
- reproduce, adapt, store in a retrieval system, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the content or design of this website
- cause any of the Material to be framed or embedded in another website or
- commercialise any products, information or services on this website
without our prior written permission or as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968. All requests and enquiries in relation to copyright must be in writing and directed to the National Marketing & Communications Manager, Diabetes Australia, GPO Box 3156, Canberra ACT 2601.
Diabetes Australia owns a number of trade marks, including “DIABETES AUSTRALIA”, “NDSS - NATIONAL DIABETES SERVICES SCHEME”, the turnaround arrow device, the triangle device and the cinquefoil device, and reserves all rights in relation to them. Without limiting our other rights, these trade marks must not be used without the prior written approval of Diabetes Australia.
Other product and company names referred to on this website may be trade marks owned by third parties.
All requests and enquiries in relation to trade marks must be in writing and directed to the National Marketing & Communications Manager, Diabetes Australia, GPO Box 3156, Canberra ACT 2601.
NDSS links to other sites:
This website contains links to other websites that are not controlled by Diabetes Australia. While care has been taken in providing these links, Diabetes Australia is not responsible for the content on those sites and does not necessarily endorse their content. It is the responsibility of the web user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability, relevance and correctness of information found. In general we only link to government or not-for-profit websites.
To request a link be included from this website to your website, please e-mail email@example.com indicating your website URL, the nature of your website, and the proposed link format. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we can only respond to those websites whose request is successful. Diabetes Australia retains the sole discretion as to whether, and if so when, to include a link from this website to external websites.
Linking to this website:
We encourage other sites to consider linking to this website. However, you must not link to any page of this website without our prior consent.
If you wish to seek Diabetes Australia’s consent to link to this website, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the website URL that will contain the link, the nature of your website, the proposed link format and which page of this website you wish to link to.
Diabetes Australia will contact you if it consents to you linking to this website. Any linking must comply with any directions given by Diabetes Australia and:
- unless stated to the contrary, the link must be in the format of a text link reference to our website comprised of the words “National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)”. You must not use any of Diabetes Australia’s trade marks, whether with an embedded URL or otherwise, without our prior written permission
- a description of the NDSS should be included, either immediately under or immediately next to the link. Unless stated to the contrary, the following set of words must be used when providing a description of NDSS with your link:
- The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS delivers diabetes-related products at subsidised prices and provides information and support services to people with diabetes.
- you must not place or phrase links in any manner that is misleading or that implies that Diabetes Australia or the NDSS endorses, sponsors or approves of your website / product / service, or that you or your website is in anyway affiliated with Diabetes Australia or the NDSS.
If you have any questions relating to this website, please e-mail email@example.com.