For people living with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes
Living with diabetes means living with an increased risk of foot problems. FootSmart gives you the skills and knowledge to create a care routine that will help avoid future foot problems.
It’s estimated that 15% of people with diabetes will develop a foot ulcer in their lifetime, this is why good foot care is so important. The good news is, we are here to help you put your best foot forward.
- how high blood glucose levels can damage your feet
- the importance of a daily foot care routine and what to look for
- how to select the right shoe (and sock) for the job
- how to manage an injury or infection and when to seek medical attention
- the importance of finding a podiatrist and having regular foot checks.
By the end of this program, you will have the confidence to make the best decisions on how to take care of your feet.