Skip to content
The NDSS is administered by Diabetes Australia
Read aloud

Pen needles / syringes

Pen needles / syringes order form

Access to pen needles / syringes is restricted to people who use insulin or a non-insulin injectable medication.

If you start using insulin or a non-insulin injectable medication (such as Byetta® or Victoza®), your doctor or diabetes educator should submit a medication change form or provide a copy of your medication prescription to the NDSS.

The medication change form allows a person—who is already registered for the NDSS—but hasn’t before used an injectable diabetes medication, to access syringes or pen needles through the NDSS.

To notify the NDSS of changes in your medication:

Send the above information:

  • by email to (preferred option), or
  • by the methods described in the form.