A diabetes diagnosis can come as a shock. You could be feeling disbelief, sadness, anger or self-blame. Usually, these feelings ease after a while and diabetes becomes part of your everyday life.
Read more in our fact sheet Adjusting to life with diabetes.
I have been diagnosed with diabetes, what do I do now?
- Register with the NDSS.
- Your NDSS registration gives you access to subsidised products.
- Learn how to self-manage your diabetes by attending support programs and information sessions.
- Read more in our information booklet (NDSS starter pack).
- Read more about diabetes.
- Read about living with diabetes.
- Form a health care team who can help you set goals.
- Talk to your doctor about your health checks and annual cycle of care.
- Call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700 for advice and to learn more about the NDSS.
I need information in another language
Do you need information in another language? We have information available in languages other than English. These resources include diabetes booklets, brochures, fact sheets, and videos.