For people with type 2 diabetes
MyDESMOND empowers you to confidently self-manage your type 2 diabetes in a way that suits your lifestyle.
MyDESMOND recognises there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to diabetes management and will inform, inspire, and motivate you as you work towards making small changes that will have a big impact on your health. The MyDESMOND program:
- encourages you to track steps or active minutes
- provides ongoing support from health professionals
- provides access to an online community and chat forums
- motivates you to set goals and compete in challenges
- keeps a track of your HbA1c, blood pressure, cholesterol, weight and waist measurements
- includes short videos, learning sessions and activities
- educates by refreshing or updating your knowledge on type 2 diabetes, health, diet and exercise
- is flexible—work at your own pace
- is accessible 24/7 via computer, smartphone or tablet
- allows you to sync a FitBit, Google Fit or Garmin fitness tracker to MyDESMOND.
In order to join the MyDESMOND program you need:
- to be aged 18 years of age or older
- to be registered on the NDSS
- to have an email address
- access to the internet via a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Is MyDESMOND the right program for you?
If you are familiar with online banking or shopping, booking holidays on the internet and using mobile phone applications, then yes, MyDESMOND is suitable for you. See the MyDESMOND device and browser compatibility.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.