Supporting women previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
Baby Steps supports women who have had gestational diabetes during pregnancy, to make healthy choices. It is designed to empower women to implement lifestyle changes and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. You do not need to be registered with the NDSS to apply to join Baby Steps.
Baby Steps is part of the MyDESMOND suite of programs.
Supporting you to reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
Apply to join the Baby Steps program
Baby Steps recognises there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to life after gestational diabetes. This program will inform, inspire, and motivate you as you work towards making small changes that will have a big impact on your long-term health—with the ultimate goal of decreasing your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
The Baby Steps program:
- includes short videos, learning sessions and interactive activities
- explores food choices, physical activity, stress and medications
- encourages you to set personalised goals
- can be accessed and used on your computer, tablet or smartphone via an internet connection at any time that suits your lifestyle—available 24/7
- allows you to sync a FitBit, Google Fit or Garmin activity tracker to the program to help set targets and compete in challenges
- tracks steps or active minutes
- keeps a track of blood pressure, cholesterol, weight and waist measurements
- ask a health professional any questions you may have
- lets you share stories and learn from other mums through the community support chat forum.
Is Baby Steps the right program for you?
To join Baby Steps you need to:
- have been previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes—but are not currently pregnant
- be aged 18 years or older or are eligible to hold an Australian Medicare card
- have an email address
- have access to the internet.
If you are familiar with online banking or shopping, booking holidays on the internet and using mobile phone applications, then yes, Baby Steps is suitable for you. See the Baby Steps device and browser compatibility.
Already part of the Baby Steps program?
Contact Baby Steps
For further information, email email@example.com or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.