Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with diabetes
Take charge of your diabetes and find out more from your Aboriginal Health Worker, Health Clinic/Community Centre, Aboriginal Medical Service or doctor.
The fact sheet Peer support for diabetes includes the contact details for your state/territory Aboriginal community controlled health organisation.
Indigenous health resources
- Diabetes NSW & ACT Indigenous people health fact sheets
- Diabetes Qld Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health fact sheets
- Diabetes Vic videos
- Diabetes WA Aboriginal people health fact sheets
- The diabetes story—videos
- Visit the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander HealthInfoNet website.
- Visit the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation website.
Diabetes education training manual for Aboriginal health workers
This training manual has been developed to increase diabetes knowledge among Aboriginal health workers to better support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with diabetes and help them manage their diabetes.
- Access the training manual on the Australian Diabetes Educators Association e-learning portal.
Posters and brochures
NDSS has a range of promotional posters and brochures for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Fight diabetes in your community: