Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website mydesmond.ndss.com.au (our site). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Baby Steps is part of the MyDESMOND suite of programs.
MyDESMOND® and the website mydesmond.ndss.com.au are part of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). The NDSS is operated by Diabetes Australia Limited (ACN 008 528 461) (“DA”), as the administrator of the NDSS for the Commonwealth of Australia (“Commonwealth”).
For enquiries about the NDSS you can write to DA at GPO Box 9824 (in your capital city).
In this Acceptable Use Policy, references to “We”, “Us” and “Our” (capitalised or non-capitalised) are references to DA and, where the context permits, the Commonwealth as the owner of the NDSS.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- issue of a warning to you
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
DA and the Commonwealth exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this policy from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.